Album Cover Research

For preparation of the ancillary tasks, I first chose to look at album covers to see what different styles there were so that I could get an idea of what my digipak could look like. A digipak is the packaging of a CD, this is what the fans see when going to buy the album, therefore it is important for the artist to make it attractive so that it catches the eye of the audience. Digipak's include the front cover, which the audience most likely will see first, the back cover which often has the list of the song names on it and the middle when it is opened. The middle of a digipak can vary with different artists, some may be plain and just contain the actual CD itself, others may extend out to reveal images or text and others may include a booklet with either images or even sometimes the lyrics to the songs on that specific album.

Most famous pop artists have their own face on the cover of their album as this is simple, cheap and the audience will know the artist just by looking at the cover. For example some that I found on the internet are Beyonce, Lady Gaga, Tinie Tempah and David Guetta, as you can see it is both male and female artists that establish their face on their album covers. 




However the band that I have chosen aren't extremely famous and they are not in the pop genre. Although Everything Everything's latest album cover has their four faces on I am not going to follow that path as I want to change it up a little. Instead I am going to use an image from my music video, possibly of Teagan to go on the front cover. This makes mine different as it is not the artist being shown but that it has a reference to the music video that I have made.








No comments:

Post a Comment